Tuesday, August 18, 2009


She He Stay or Should He go?

We recently asked the teens for their response to Michael Vick joining the Eagles, and here are two convincing opinions we were given;

Should Vick get a second chance in the NFL? If so, should it be in Philadelphia"

NO!-Shawn Powell

I do not think that Michael Vick deserves a second chance. He took his power and money for granted and if he was a regular person, he would have a hard time getting a job after being in jail. Though I do believe in second chances, this whole issue brings up too much drama, and what he did is too difficult to forgive. Also, I do not believe him when he says that he learned his lesson, he is sorry because he got caught.

Yes! -Darien Moore

I think Michael Vick deserves a second chance because he served his time and did what he was told. It is a great idea for the Eagles to sign him because they can use him for the Wildcat offense and 3rd down conversions. Though, it's hard to say what kind of shape he is in after not playing for 2 years. While what he did with the dog fighting was awful, and people are upset now, I think that after the Eagles start winning, fans will eventually forgive and fall back in love with Vick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shawn and Darien.

In my opinion, Vick was convicted of a crime, has served his sentence and has been released from prison. He has, to use a popular expression, paid his debt to society for his crime. I do not think that there is any basis, legal or moral, for denying Vick the right to earn a living playing football.

On the other hand, on a personal level, we are under no legal or moral obligation to like what Vick did or to forgive him. I myself am a great dog lover, and I am truly outraged when I hear about dog fighting. There's an old expression "To err is human; to forgive, divine." Well, I don't happen to be divine, so Vick will have to look elsewhere for forgiveness.

All the best, Bob

Dan said...

All good points Shawn and Darien. I think most people agree that we can't keep Vick from playing in the NFL again so maybe the tough part of the argument is "Should he play in Philly?". Dogfighting is awful but not on the list of crimes that an athelete can't rehabilitate himself-in my opinion. He's not a pedophile. He wasn't running a drug ring and he didn't assault a woman or seriously injure a human. Those are my biggies that I won't go back on so Vick is still in the clear-but he should be held to a higher standard going forward.
Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment