Wednesday, August 12, 2009


My Favorite Character on the Wire by Hakim


My favorite character from the Wire is Omar. I picked him because of his personality. He is feared and respected by everybody in the hood. Another reason is that I find it is ironic that he is gay. A lot of people look at gay people as soft and being pushovers, but Omar is certainly not soft or a pushover. One of my favorite things that he did is when he jumped out of a window, and walked around the hood with a trench coat and a shot gun.

2 comments:

Koob said...

I definitely have to agree with Omar being my favorite. The fact that he only robbed drug dealers and kept his own code despite living a life of crime and the fact that he was also gay made him one of the most original characters in TV history. Everyone's other favorite character seems to be Michael and the two are very similar in that they look out for innocent people and stick to a code. I thought it was cool how at the end of the show, they implied that Michael would basically be the next Omar.

lks said...

one of my favorite TV scenes ever was omar 'wearing' a tie in court. definitely a great character...

Post a Comment